Submission Guidelines for PPTCO’s 2018 Theater Festival in Black and White
Pittsburgh Playwrights Theatre Company presents the Theatre Festival in Black and White, also affectionately known as the Black and White Fest.
This festival has made its mark in Pittsburgh by creating an environment where theatre artists from different backgrounds can come together to create a great theatrical experience.
We are now accepting scripts of one-act plays for our festival. The criteria for script submissions are listed below:
- Playwright must have spent a minimum of two years living in Pittsburgh.
- Playwrights must submit their own scripts.
- The script submitted may not exceed twenty-five pages and must be performed in thirty minutes or less.
- The script cannot have more than four characters.
- The script should not be heavily involved with props or set pieces. The play is a part of a festival and will have to be able to switch out quickly.
- Scripts should tell a complete story.
- All script submissions have to be mailed in.
- Submissions must be submitted with:
- Page numbers
- A synopsis must be submitted with each submission.
- The playwrights’ name should not appear on the script itself.
- A separate cover page with the title of the play, the playwrights’ name and contact information (email address and phone number)
- A current color photograph of the playwright must be submitted.
- Script submissions should be mailed to
Attn: Pittsburgh Playwrights Black and White Fest
3515 Iowa Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Script submissions postmarked after April 16th, 2018 will not be accepted.
- If you are submitting more than one script the 1st is free, the second is $25. Each submission must be separate and follow the guidelines.
A panel will review all scripts; you will be notified if your script is being produced or not. If you have any questions, please email Festival Coordinator Cheryl El-Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Script Submission Guidelines for Mainstage Productions
PPTCO accepts full-length plays by Pittsburgh playwrights year round. Playwrights should email their bio, synopsis, page length, and a 10 page sample of the play to email@example.com.